Friday, December 31, 2021

Venice, Fl. Crow's Nest Marina 12-4 12/8

 

Venice, FL  Crow’s Nest Marina  12/4 – 12/8

One of my favorite cities in Florida, Venice did not disappoint.  The Crow’s Nest Marina is another one that has a lovely restaurant on site.  We enjoyed the marina, and met several other Looper folks who were there.  One couple had the identical boat to the Kittiwake.  It’s always fun to see what other people have done to the boat as compared to your own changes.  This couple only overlapped their stay with us there by about 24 hours, but they did take advantage of coming on board to see what changes/enhancements we had.  

Here, we also re-met with Clarke and Rosie on Alegria!  Venice had their Christmas boat parade, and their boat made the perfect viewing stand!  Don't know when we might see them again, since they're going through the Okeechobee Canal to Stuart, Florida, and leaving their boat there for an undetermined amount of time.  They will have finished their Loop at that point, and haven't decided what to do next - either another trip on the boat or sell the boat and return to Texas...or something else! 

We made good use of our e-bikes here – the Crow’s Nest was over a mile from downtown, so it was just a fun ride.  Venice is beautiful, and their downtown has lovely landscaping, nice shops, and restaurants.  I had spent time there in the past visiting with my first husband’s aunt and uncle who had a condo there.

One fun day we went to Snookhaven, a not typical Florida place.  Actually it is typical Florida, but it’s OLD Florida.  It’s an old fish camp, right on the Myakka River.  They serve barbeque and beer.  While we were there, they had a band called Bandana (play on Santana!).  The band members were our age and older!  And, they played OUR music, from the 60’s and 70’s.  It was fun listening to the music and watching all the old people dancing their hearts out on the dirt dance floor.

I was able to take advantage of being close to the beach, and took several morning walks.  I like to walk along the water, keeping a sharp eye out for good shells.  Once I’ve walked for a while, I like to just sit and be quiet, listening to the waves.  Heaven!

I took literally a hundred shots of the Venice Christmas Boat Parade

I just selected some of the shots to share!























My happy place

The band, Bandana - pretty old, and really good!

Myakka River



Snook Haven tourist boat

Myakka River - we didn't see, but could imagine alligators!

Myakka River

my happy place

Happy me, on the beach, with all my wrinkles!

corner on Venice Avenue

Lovely Venice downtown

More downtown Venice

I suppose you can tell I love Venice!

Cool decorated seahorse

Also, still never tire of the flowers this time of year!

Park on the boulevard on main street

I'd choose to live here in Venice if I could!

I love the mature trees

the marina dock

sunset just getting started

one of the more spectacular sunsets

my little bird companion on the beach

can't ever tire of the sunsets!

another lovely sunset

Someone on the ICW built a really fun structure for the kiddos!



No comments:

Post a Comment