Wednesday, May 3, 2023

August 8, 2022- cruise to Olverson's Marina in Lottsburg, Kittiwake's winter home

 We cruised the two hours to Olverson's Lodge Creek Marina on August 8.  This is what feels like our home marina.  We bought Kittiwake there in the Fall of 2017, spent a few weeks getting some things done, adding our own dishes, linens, other things that make it our home away from home.  We also winterized all the water lines, since she would be sitting in the water all winter.  They do get some cold weather, but usually it is only short lived, a few days. 

I left Dan working on the boat and traveled to San Diego to visit with a dear friend, Laura Gogola, who had Stage 4 cancer.  She had moved there from Michigan to be near her daughter.  I'm so happy I had the opportunity to make that visit - Laura passed away just a few weeks later.

My return trip from San Diego to Reagan Airport in D.C. was interrupted in Denver, when my connecting flight was cancelled.  That's ok, I know someone who lives in the area, my sister!  Unfortunately, she was not at home, but my brother in law was there and welcomed me.

Dan and I rented a car and traveled home to arrive before Labor Day.  We had a big outdoor dinner for my whole Michigan family on Labor Day.  We do enjoy traveling, but it's always good to come home, too!

Later that month, my good friend, Peggy, and I traveled to Grand Rapids, Michigan for an event called "Art Prize".  Art work is displayed across the city, mostly downtown, from people all over the globe.  Amazing works!

The rest of the Fall was spent at home, nesting, reading, planning our next cruising season!


No comments:

Post a Comment