Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach, SC 05/26/2022

 May 26,  2022   Osprey Marina

We pulled in here for one night.  There isn’t anything nearby, but the marina is very nice.  The dockhands were great – I love it when they wait for my instructions on where to place the lines! 

I always check on Nebo to see if there are other Loopers in the marina.  This time – bonanza!  Jim and Peg Healy are here on their boat, Sanctuary.  We had met them at other looper events.  Jim is famous for his generously shared knowledge on all things looping, especially anything to do with electrical.  He is an engineer, and he does a terrific job of describing electrical issues and solutions for non-engineers.  I’ve always been amazed at the amount of time and the patience he shows on both the AGLCA and MTOA forums with questions I’m sure he has handled many times. 

Once we knew he was in the marina, I looked him up, expressed my gratitude for his generous help, and offered to take him and Peg out to dinner.  There is one nice Italian restaurant who will come to the marina to take boaters there and back.  Cool.  I called Scatori’s, and, unfortunately, they don’t have the personnel to ferry boaters back and forth.  But, we can order and they will deliver!

After I had collected Peg, Jim, Dan, and my picks from the menu, here come three other Looper boats into the marina!  After greeting each of them, I told them about our ordering from Scatori’s in case they want to do the same.  Two of the boats jumped right in.  There are two picnic tables right by the docks – we had a very nice time eating the food from Scatori’s.  I think it surprised and touched Jim for us to express our gratitude in that manner.

Next morning, May 27, we left Osprey, intending to anchor out for the night.  However, we weren’t too excited about the looks of the two anchorages available, plus some storms were moving in.  So, as we cruised up the channel, I started calling marinas to see about a one-night stay.  About 2:30, as we were passing Cricket Marina, I called them.  The woman on the phone said that, yes, they have a spot for us, but we would need to be there by 3:00.  No problem! 

Our next marina is South Harbour Marina in Southport, NC.  We will be there through the Memorial Day weekend – no need to get out there with all the boats sure to be speeding around.

No comments:

Post a Comment