Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Grand Canyon National Park


Grand Canyon!!

I was so excited to go there!  I have flown over, in commercial flights and, once, in a helicopter.  Of course, I’ve seen pictures.  But NOTHING could really prepare you for being on the edge of this magnificent creation!  The camera just cannot do it justice.  But, I have tried! 

The north rim was closed at this time of the year.  It is 1,000 feet higher than the south rim.  The canyon is 10 miles wide and 1 mile deep!  The colors, the plants, the sheer size of this thing are overwhelming.  The Park Service has done a tremendous job of providing plenty of opportunities to get close to the rim in places where the views are phenomenal.  We were very fortunate that the numbers of people did not prevent us from getting plenty of space and time to see the canyon.  I can only imagine the crowds during school breaks!

I will allow my pictures and captions to attempt to show how amazing this place is.















rare Dan and Gena sighting!































museum of early settlement




wall painting in the tower

painting on the wall

lookout tower, from 2nd landing


inside the lookout tower












































No comments:

Post a Comment